Though giant pandas subsist almost exclusively on one single plant – bamboo – the same would not stand for the other, more human, natives of Sichuan province. Its capital city, Chengdu, was once famed as the start of the southern route of the Silk Road, along which exotic vegetables and spices were ferried inland from Burma, India and around Central Asia. Continue »
Meet our Shanghai team.
When it comes to exploring a city's authentic dining scene, while the stomach should ideally serve as the best compass, the truth is that it's hard to find your way without good local advice. That's where Culinary Backstreets' food walks come in.
- A great gastrobar revitalizing Mexico City's Centro Histórico: http://t.co/o8AJZjJnff http://t.co/G60gVzm4At
7 hours ago
- Barcelona's Vermuteria Loú boasts 20 different kinds of croquettes in addition to vermouth: http://t.co/SszS63kzSX http://t.co/GPhTWyelQA
10 hours ago
- Read more about Tacacá do Norte http://t.co/GcwqMm35HX part of @nytimestravel 36 Hours in Rio http://t.co/RD61Jh4nfM http://t.co/HUD4U2nMao
12 hours ago
- Icy refreshment all year long in Tokyo's Roppongi: http://t.co/vgRdIgTDyL http://t.co/LEYCDoaA9t
15 hours ago
- This week's top stories on Culinary Backstreets - http://t.co/EmJIrcsdle
15 hours ago
- A guide to Greek teas and infusions from faskomilo to diktamo: http://t.co/ZshS9pInkl
16 hours ago