Culinary Backstreets’ co-founders Ansel Mullins and Yigal Schleifer recently spent a few days introducing a crew from the CBS Sunday Morning show to Istanbul’s gastronomic underbelly, at one point journeying in a rickety wooden boat on the Golden Horn in order to get to the next meal. Tagging along on one of CB’s culinary walks, the CBS crew found themselves feasting on grilled lamb’s intestines, artisanal pide and Turkish delight that’s been made by the same family in the same shop for three generations. The segment CBS produced, which ran this past Sunday, can be viewed below:
Putting the CB Back into CBS!
When it comes to exploring a city's authentic dining scene, while the stomach should ideally serve as the best compass, the truth is that it's hard to find your way without good local advice. That's where Culinary Backstreets' food walks come in.
- What to Eat at Barcelona's Historic Flea Market http://t.co/M19mzMtD7p
- RT @HuffPostGreece: Τo @CBackstreets επιλέγει τις πέντε κορυφαίες ταβέρνες για ψάρι στην Αθήνα http://t.co/gcDbvMI9WI http://t.co/R7hCeB5bIn
- RT @rupertbu: Off the Beaten Path on #Turkey's Turquoise Coast | only @cBackstreets use "glorious grease":-) http://t.co/TI3rGbPPN9 http://…
- RT @auliverot: Ep, Alerta! Cassoles Worldwide!
The Catalan Stew Masters of Juneda | Culinary Backstreets http://t.co/thCVauEK3q via @cbacks…
- Off the Beaten Path on Turkey's Turquoise Coast http://t.co/rU17j4G9KW
2 days ago
- An Old-School Ramen Favorite in Tokyo's Aoyama http://t.co/QgSsxN3eIA
2 days ago