Culinary Backstreets’ co-founders Ansel Mullins and Yigal Schleifer recently spent a few days introducing a crew from the CBS Sunday Morning show to Istanbul’s gastronomic underbelly, at one point journeying in a rickety wooden boat on the Golden Horn in order to get to the next meal. Tagging along on one of CB’s culinary walks, the CBS crew found themselves feasting on grilled lamb’s intestines, artisanal pide and Turkish delight that’s been made by the same family in the same shop for three generations. The segment CBS produced, which ran this past Sunday, can be viewed below:
Putting the CB Back into CBS!
When it comes to exploring a city's authentic dining scene, while the stomach should ideally serve as the best compass, the truth is that it's hard to find your way without good local advice. That's where Culinary Backstreets' food walks come in.
- Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and this dispatch features some of the best sweets Barcelona has to... https://t.co/mfEaBMjWdP
about 1 hour ago
- If you miss the two-hour lunch window at La Cuina del Guinardo, there's always takeaway...
8 hours ago
- We're on the ground in Lisbon! Pleased to present "Lisbon Awakens: A Culinary Crossroads Reborn", our first walk... https://t.co/lZUx0xMrI3
- Creative takes on classic Georgian cooking
- One would be hard-pressed not to gain a newfound appreciation for the walnut and harvest thereof after reading... https://t.co/mHFjsC49V9
2 days ago
- Stop by Korkmaz for some of Istanbul's best döner, but beware, it runs out quickly
2 days ago