Culinary Backstreets’ co-founders Ansel Mullins and Yigal Schleifer recently spent a few days introducing a crew from the CBS Sunday Morning show to Istanbul’s gastronomic underbelly, at one point journeying in a rickety wooden boat on the Golden Horn in order to get to the next meal. Tagging along on one of CB’s culinary walks, the CBS crew found themselves feasting on grilled lamb’s intestines, artisanal pide and Turkish delight that’s been made by the same family in the same shop for three generations. The segment CBS produced, which ran this past Sunday, can be viewed below:
Putting the CB Back into CBS!
When it comes to exploring a city's authentic dining scene, while the stomach should ideally serve as the best compass, the truth is that it's hard to find your way without good local advice. That's where Culinary Backstreets' food walks come in.
- Tracing Cağ Kebabı Back to Its Origins in Erzurum https://t.co/gs2zIxMJ9B
6 hours ago
- RT @TheTurkishLife: Chef Stavriani Zervakakou of @KarakoyGumruk tells @CBackstreets her fave #Istanbul eats. (That soup sounds amazing.) ht…
6 hours ago
- Baba Söğüş in Istanbul serves up an unusually wide range of Izmir-style offal preparations: https://t.co/2chA6uf2Qg https://t.co/DyyHHpeXNx
7 hours ago
- RT @CornucopiaMag: .@CBackstreets goes to NE Turkey w/ 'Lambassador' Özcan Yildirim (A+ pun) to learn why his cağ kebab reigns supreme: htt…
- This boutique winery in the mountains of Lebanon offers French-style wine and cuisine: https://t.co/MnlkHpp8yf
- Authentic #Guizhou cooking in Shanghai: https://t.co/vnZVuX3Sna https://t.co/VLsG5GK7zE