It is puzzling that Istanbul, a city of some 15 million people with an increasingly lavish lifestyle, a world-famous cuisine and a booming tourism industry, has so little sparkle when it comes to fine dining. We’re surprised that the Prime Minister himself has not jumped into the culinary scrum by demanding no fewer than three Michelin stars from every restaurant. The city still has yet to answer with one. Continue »
Tag Results for 'sucuk'
Editor’s note: This guest feature was written by Nicolas Nicolaides, an Istanbul-born Greek who moved to Athens in 1988. Nicolaides is a Ph.D. student in history at the University of Athens whose research focuses on the Karamanlılar (Greeks from Central Anatolia).
Once a resort town on the outskirts of the Greek capital, Phaleron – only a few miles from downtown Athens – is now well incorporated into the city’s urban fabric. Continue »
- We had the great fortune of accompanying a true master of cağ kebabı to the source of his craft in eastern Turkey: https://t.co/oChUIAcphL
15 hours ago
- RT @RobParsonsF24: The start of what looks to be a fascinating series by Andy North: #Tbilisi Sketches https://t.co/ejiU49ley4 via @cbackst…
17 hours ago
- RT @paulrimple: Great #Tbilisi Sketches by @NorthAndrew Real bread. Yum Yum Yum https://t.co/bu46obyvDr
- The first installment in our new monthly series, Tbilisi Sketches: https://t.co/9H6qw9vN9j https://t.co/Npz68PyxsT
- Reinventing regional Georgian cooking in Old Tbilisi: https://t.co/OgfDWpnMPK https://t.co/K9ziEFQpHh
2 days ago
- Right in the heart of Macedonia, beautiful Naoussa is a food and wine lover’s paradise: https://t.co/lfljkRETxB https://t.co/Z4BBtPMMXP
4 days ago