Istanbul has plenty of kebab joints, but places serving cağ are sadly hard to find. Originating in the eastern Anatolian province of Erzurum, the kebab looks like a horizontal döner, but tastes otherworldly. Continue »
Tag Results for 'Sirkeci'
Editor’s note: This post wraps up our special series this week featuring our top street food picks in all of the Culinary Backstreets cities.
As rapidly as Istanbul marches toward its modern destiny, street food in this city is still served the old-fashioned way, by boisterous ustas with a good pitch and, sometimes, a really good product. Continue »
Where we come from, flipping burgers is a time-honored tradition among pimply teenagers looking for a summer job and troubled short-order cooks looking for a place to land in between firings. It’s work that promises mobility, not stability. Continue »
- We don't need any convincing, but it's a great read regardless: http://t.co/djFI40oRyx
9 hours ago
- This week's top stories on Culinary Backstreets - http://t.co/7kYNCz2hVV
9 hours ago
- A Gardener in Suburban Athens, Greece http://t.co/rUYv6yY3BQ
22 hours ago
- These should be on your Shanghai must-try list: http://t.co/oTiykaLIn7
- To inaugurate our new series, Building Blocks, which explores the fundamental ingredients of the cuisines we... http://t.co/3El3CkTUiF
2 days ago
- The 2015 Wine Harvest in Greece http://t.co/Q7v7Bet4t2
3 days ago