Istanbul has plenty of kebab joints, but places serving cağ are sadly hard to find. Originating in the eastern Anatolian province of Erzurum, the kebab looks like a horizontal döner, but tastes otherworldly. Continue »
Tag Results for 'Sirkeci'
Editor’s note: This post wraps up our special series this week featuring our top street food picks in all of the Culinary Backstreets cities.
As rapidly as Istanbul marches toward its modern destiny, street food in this city is still served the old-fashioned way, by boisterous ustas with a good pitch and, sometimes, a really good product. Continue »
Where we come from, flipping burgers is a time-honored tradition among pimply teenagers looking for a summer job and troubled short-order cooks looking for a place to land in between firings. It’s work that promises mobility, not stability. Continue »
- A food lover's guide to Andros, #Greece: http://t.co/MsWj5dGJaX http://t.co/T4PHFZsEIG
9 hours ago
- A rare sirdan street food cart spotted in Istanbul (that's stuffed intestine): http://t.co/npszIhD8tQ
10 hours ago
- Our first installment of CB Book Club kicks off with an interview of Aylin Oney Tan, author of this fantastic... http://t.co/FuFes7Ps3v
14 hours ago
- RT @cbistanbuleats: We've been using this cookbook of Gaziantep recipes for more than a year in Turkish. So pleased to have it in... http:/…
14 hours ago
- A salt specialist in #Tokyo's Azabu-Juban: http://t.co/iUPniXkbLY http://t.co/80r4HJbMxW
- A food lover's guide to Andros, #Greece: http://t.co/MsWj5dp8jp http://t.co/gHoR4pyR2I