Istanbul has plenty of kebab joints, but places serving cağ are sadly hard to find. Originating in the eastern Anatolian province of Erzurum, the kebab looks like a horizontal döner, but tastes otherworldly. Continue »
Tag Results for 'Sirkeci'
Editor’s note: This post wraps up our special series this week featuring our top street food picks in all of the Culinary Backstreets cities.
As rapidly as Istanbul marches toward its modern destiny, street food in this city is still served the old-fashioned way, by boisterous ustas with a good pitch and, sometimes, a really good product. Continue »
Where we come from, flipping burgers is a time-honored tradition among pimply teenagers looking for a summer job and troubled short-order cooks looking for a place to land in between firings. It’s work that promises mobility, not stability. Continue »
- Stop by Korkmaz for some of Istanbul's best döner, but beware, it runs out quickly
7 hours ago
- Our latest on where to drink in Tokyo: solid back-to-back options where the drinks and appetizers keep coming... https://t.co/u1KrPPC4bM
- Loukoumades: An Ancient Donut Hole's Revival
- Carnival is now in full swing in Rio, and we've compiled our favorite beverages to accompany the raucous street... https://t.co/r129PrkolV
2 days ago
- More reasons to get excited about Lisbon, where we recently began a new series of dispatches https://t.co/BjOqDlq2jv
4 days ago
- Chinese New Year is fast approaching, and if you find yourself in Shangai, our latest dispatch will set you up... https://t.co/UnhTlrMHi9
5 days ago