Istanbul has plenty of kebab joints, but places serving cağ are sadly hard to find. Originating in the eastern Anatolian province of Erzurum, the kebab looks like a horizontal döner, but tastes otherworldly. Continue »
Tag Results for 'Sirkeci'
Editor’s note: This post wraps up our special series this week featuring our top street food picks in all of the Culinary Backstreets cities.
As rapidly as Istanbul marches toward its modern destiny, street food in this city is still served the old-fashioned way, by boisterous ustas with a good pitch and, sometimes, a really good product. Continue »
Where we come from, flipping burgers is a time-honored tradition among pimply teenagers looking for a summer job and troubled short-order cooks looking for a place to land in between firings. It’s work that promises mobility, not stability. Continue »
- RT @CornucopiaMag: .@CBackstreets goes to NE Turkey w/ 'Lambassador' Özcan Yildirim (A+ pun) to learn why his cağ kebab reigns supreme: htt…
9 hours ago
- This boutique winery in the mountains of Lebanon offers French-style wine and cuisine: https://t.co/MnlkHpp8yf
9 hours ago
- Authentic #Guizhou cooking in Shanghai: https://t.co/vnZVuX3Sna https://t.co/VLsG5GK7zE
13 hours ago
- We had the great fortune of accompanying a true master of cağ kebabı to the source of his craft in eastern Turkey: https://t.co/oChUIAcphL
- RT @RobParsonsF24: The start of what looks to be a fascinating series by Andy North: #Tbilisi Sketches https://t.co/ejiU49ley4 via @cbackst…
- RT @paulrimple: Great #Tbilisi Sketches by @NorthAndrew Real bread. Yum Yum Yum https://t.co/bu46obyvDr
2 days ago