Istanbul has plenty of kebab joints, but places serving cağ are sadly hard to find. Originating in the eastern Anatolian province of Erzurum, the kebab looks like a horizontal döner, but tastes otherworldly. Continue »
Tag Results for 'Sirkeci'
Editor’s note: This post wraps up our special series this week featuring our top street food picks in all of the Culinary Backstreets cities.
As rapidly as Istanbul marches toward its modern destiny, street food in this city is still served the old-fashioned way, by boisterous ustas with a good pitch and, sometimes, a really good product. Continue »
Where we come from, flipping burgers is a time-honored tradition among pimply teenagers looking for a summer job and troubled short-order cooks looking for a place to land in between firings. It’s work that promises mobility, not stability. Continue »
- What to Eat at Barcelona's Historic Flea Market http://t.co/M19mzMtD7p
10 hours ago
- RT @HuffPostGreece: Τo @CBackstreets επιλέγει τις πέντε κορυφαίες ταβέρνες για ψάρι στην Αθήνα http://t.co/gcDbvMI9WI http://t.co/R7hCeB5bIn
11 hours ago
- RT @rupertbu: Off the Beaten Path on #Turkey's Turquoise Coast | only @cBackstreets use "glorious grease":-) http://t.co/TI3rGbPPN9 http://…
13 hours ago
- RT @auliverot: Ep, Alerta! Cassoles Worldwide!
The Catalan Stew Masters of Juneda | Culinary Backstreets http://t.co/thCVauEK3q via @cbacks…
13 hours ago
- Off the Beaten Path on Turkey's Turquoise Coast http://t.co/rU17j4G9KW
- An Old-School Ramen Favorite in Tokyo's Aoyama http://t.co/QgSsxN3eIA