Food lovers mourned the loss of Shanghai’s Muslim market when it packed up its stalls a couple of years back, but the closure wasn’t too unexpected. Continue »
Tag Results for 'Jing'an'
One of the seven necessities of Chinese daily life, rice is eaten in many forms throughout the day, including – and especially – at breakfast. Congee is undoubtedly China’s best-known breakfast food, but less famous globally, and wildly popular locally, is the unassuming rice ball (饭团, fàn tuán).
Dear Culinary Backstreets,
I’ve heard that Traditional Chinese Medicine dictates that you should alter your diet according to the season to stay healthy. What are some of the foods that Chinese doctors recommend when the temperature drops? Continue »
Shanghai is famous for its swampy summer weather, and although this August was the coolest in 14 years, it’s still hot and humid out there as we head into Indian summer. Staying hydrated against the rising mercury is crucial if you’re out hunting a meal of street food, so here are the best sips to keep your yin and yang balanced this season. Continue »
- An Authentic Bosphorus Meyhane http://t.co/n1tcVEeewB
9 hours ago
- Free tickets to a Syrian feast in Istanbul (October 11)! Share this picture to enter to win: http://t.co/q2F4LopA4K
10 hours ago
- Nothing beats returning home and eating the foods you've been craving. Here is the first thing Chef Stavriani... http://t.co/GCjm0cSA4E
10 hours ago
- 2015 is shaping up to be a great vintage for Greek wine. Here's why: http://t.co/egYylj9ASK http://t.co/df9x9g2h98
11 hours ago
- Quince season! http://t.co/AnCR81OmOB
- Contest time! Tweet us your best Syrian food pics to win 4 free tix to a Syrian feast (Istanbul, Oct. 11). http://t.co/ZXH6yv8lQO