The cuisine of Mexico City has long been influenced not only by waves of international immigrants but also by regional cooking from around the country. Continue »
Tag Results for 'breakfast'
The tianguis, or street market, has been an essential part of Mexican culture since pre-Hispanic times. In Mexico City, every neighborhood has at least one weekly tianguis, most selling produce, fish, meat and household goods, so families can buy all they need for the week in a single place. Continue »
One of the seven necessities of Chinese daily life, rice is eaten in many forms throughout the day, including – and especially – at breakfast. Congee is undoubtedly China’s best-known breakfast food, but less famous globally, and wildly popular locally, is the unassuming rice ball (饭团, fàn tuán).
Until a few years ago, breakfast eateries were not very common in Rio. Cariocas would have breakfast at home or at a bakery, while tourists had to make do with the always-boring “Continental breakfast” offered at hotels. But thankfully, everything has changed. Continue »
- An Old-Fashioned Outdoor Athens Café for Everyone http://t.co/ZoMyLfiPML
18 hours ago
- What to Eat at Barcelona's Historic Flea Market http://t.co/M19mzMtD7p
- RT @HuffPostGreece: Τo @CBackstreets επιλέγει τις πέντε κορυφαίες ταβέρνες για ψάρι στην Αθήνα http://t.co/gcDbvMI9WI http://t.co/R7hCeB5bIn
- RT @rupertbu: Off the Beaten Path on #Turkey's Turquoise Coast | only @cBackstreets use "glorious grease":-) http://t.co/TI3rGbPPN9 http://…
- RT @auliverot: Ep, Alerta! Cassoles Worldwide!
The Catalan Stew Masters of Juneda | Culinary Backstreets http://t.co/thCVauEK3q via @cbacks…
- Off the Beaten Path on Turkey's Turquoise Coast http://t.co/rU17j4G9KW
2 days ago