Unless you know it’s there, you might miss this tiny shop hidden behind a bus stop on the outskirts of the northern Athenian suburb of Chalandri. Many Athens kiosks are twice, three times the size. Continue »
Tag Results for 'baklava'
Turkey’s European Union membership bid may be stuck in the mud, but a different dynamic is at work on the food front. To wit: the European Commission has granted Gaziantep baklava a spot on its list of protected designations of origin and geographical indications. It’s the first Turkish product and the 16th non-EU food to make it on the list. Continue »
Editor’s note: This guest feature was written by Nicolas Nicolaides, an Istanbul-born Greek who moved to Athens in 1988. Nicolaides is a Ph.D. student in history at the University of Athens whose research focuses on the Karamanlılar (Greeks from Central Anatolia).
Once a resort town on the outskirts of the Greek capital, Phaleron – only a few miles from downtown Athens – is now well incorporated into the city’s urban fabric. Continue »
- We don't need any convincing, but it's a great read regardless: http://t.co/djFI40oRyx
- This week's top stories on Culinary Backstreets - http://t.co/7kYNCz2hVV
- A Gardener in Suburban Athens, Greece http://t.co/rUYv6yY3BQ
- These should be on your Shanghai must-try list: http://t.co/oTiykaLIn7
2 days ago
- To inaugurate our new series, Building Blocks, which explores the fundamental ingredients of the cuisines we... http://t.co/3El3CkTUiF
2 days ago
- The 2015 Wine Harvest in Greece http://t.co/Q7v7Bet4t2
3 days ago