Tag Results for 'baklava'
Turkey’s European Union membership bid may be stuck in the mud, but a different dynamic is at work on the food front. To wit: the European Commission has granted Gaziantep baklava a spot on its list of protected designations of origin and geographical indications. It’s the first Turkish product and the 16th non-EU food to make it on the list. Continue »
Editor’s note: This guest feature was written by Nicolas Nicolaides, an Istanbul-born Greek who moved to Athens in 1988. Nicolaides is a Ph.D. student in history at the University of Athens whose research focuses on the Karamanlılar (Greeks from Central Anatolia).
Once a resort town on the outskirts of the Greek capital, Phaleron – only a few miles from downtown Athens – is now well incorporated into the city’s urban fabric. Continue »
- One would be hard-pressed not to gain a newfound appreciation for the walnut and harvest thereof after reading... https://t.co/mHFjsC49V9
4 hours ago
- Stop by Korkmaz for some of Istanbul's best döner, but beware, it runs out quickly
11 hours ago
- Our latest on where to drink in Tokyo: solid back-to-back options where the drinks and appetizers keep coming... https://t.co/u1KrPPC4bM
- Loukoumades: An Ancient Donut Hole's Revival
- Carnival is now in full swing in Rio, and we've compiled our favorite beverages to accompany the raucous street... https://t.co/r129PrkolV
2 days ago
- More reasons to get excited about Lisbon, where we recently began a new series of dispatches https://t.co/BjOqDlq2jv
4 days ago